NIS provides monetary support and volunteer services for various organizations within the local Washington Metropolitan area and other parts of the United States. Our focus on community involvement is to support our Veterans who have sacrificed so much for this Country and our freedom, our children who will help to build our Nation’s future, and persons with disabilities that often time have a barrier to entry within the workforce. NIS believes that time and money should be spent wisely and with such organizations to which we know that it is being used for the intended purpose. We are honored to support the following organizations:
- Boulder Crest Retreat rural wellness center dedicated exclusively to our nation’s combat veterans and their families.
- Northern Virginia Human Trafficking Initiative (NOVA HTI) whose mission is to eradicate human trafficking locally through awareness, advocacy, prayer, and victim services.
- United Methodist Church of Koinonia supporting local families in need.
- Combined Federal Campaign of National Capital Area supporting children with disabilities.
- McClendon Center offering behavioral health services for adults diagnosed with serious mental illnesses (many homeless).